The best way to care for your car, truck, SUV or van’s engine is to bring it in to Team Automotive for regular checkups. If you want to tend to your vehicle on your own, here are a few ways to ensure it’s getting the care it needs.
- Change oil regularly
- Maintain coolant levels
- Replace air filter regularly
- Replace oil filter regularly
- Check for leaks regularly
- Inspect engine belts – replace when need be
- Gas up before tank is empty
- Replace spark plugs and wires as needed
- Call Team Automotive when check engine light or check engine soon light appears
- Call Team Automotive when unusual symptoms appear
- Don’t speed up to slow down
When we say “Don’t speed up to slow down,” we mean if you see that cars ahead of you are slowing or coming to a complete stop, don’t continue to accelerate until the last minute. This wears the engine down unnecessarily. Slow down with the rest of traffic — or even before everyone around you starts to slow down — and protect your engine from unnecessary wear and tear. This also signals to other drivers that they need to slow down as well.
Whenever your vehicle displays unusual signs, always call Team Automotive so one of our ASE-certified mechanics can diagnose the issue. At our Sioux Falls auto repair shop, you’ll get a fair price for your auto engine replacement, whether you bring in a car, truck, SUV or van.